Check back for 2014 information
Member Advance Ticket Sales
A limited number of Polar Express Train Ride tickets will be available to members of the Califorina State Railroad Museum and Railtown 1897 State Historic Park. Member Advance Ticket Sales dates are September 24-26, 2014. Members are eligible to purchase up to 8 tickets or 2 tables of four during Member Advance Ticket Sales. On October 1, the remaining tickets go on sale to the general public with no ticket limit.
September 24 - First Day of Sales for:
Engineer, Freight Agent, Trainmaster, Yardmaster and Transcontinental Railroad Club Members (Spikes)
September 25 - First Day of Sales for:
Conductor, Telegrapher, Fireman and Hostler Members
September 26 - First Day of Sales for:
Caboose Club, Handcar Club, Brakeman and Switchman Members
September 27-30 - No Sales
October 1 - First Day of sales for General public
Member Advance Ticket Sales Policies
- Three days are set aside to allow members of CSRM and Railtown to purchase Polar Express tickets in advance of the general public.
- Members are NOT guaranteed to get tickets during Member Advance Ticket Sales, merely the opportunity to try to purchase tickets in advance of the general public.
- Member Advance Ticket Sales start-dates are assigned by membership level.
- New, renewing or upgrading memberships must be active and current by September 5, 2014 to participate in Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Members must have the membership ID number when ordering tickets.
- Tickets may only be purchased online through this website.
- Members may only purchase up to 8 individual tickets or 2 tables - per membership ID number - during Member Advance Ticket Sales.
- Advance Sales begin at 9:00 a.m. and end at midnight each day, September 24-26.
- If members are unable to purchase their desired number of tickets on their designated first day of Advance Sales, members may purchase additional tickets on subsequent sales dates (up to a total of 8 individual tickets or 2 tables).
Ticket Exchange and Refund Policies
- Full Refunds will be given for requests submitted within 48 hours of purchase.
- A $10 per ticket fee will be charged for refunds or exchanges submitted up to 2 weeks prior to departure.
- No refunds or exchanges will be given for requests made less 2 weeks of departure. Purchasers who wish to donate unused tickets back to the nonprofit CSRM Foundation will be given a tax letter of donation for the full amount of the tickets.
- Exchange requests will be accepted 48 hours after purchase.
- Exchanges are based on availability and will be processed after October 15, 2014.
- Only one exchange per ticket will be allowed.
- Exchange or refund requests should be submitted to the Polar Express Hotline at (916) 445-8270, and should include: date and time of train ride, car selection, number of tickets, purchaser's name, confirmation number and a contact phone number.
General Ticket Policies
- There is a $5 per ticket or $20 per table of four, service fee which is applied upon purchase checkout.
- All tickets will be held in the Ticket Office Will Call and will be available ONLY on the day of the ride.
- Tickets will be listed under the name of the purchasing party, however, they may designate another person to pick up tickets.
- Ticket resale is not permitted and is unlawful.
- Our policy strictly prohibits the resale or attempted resale of any tickets for the Polar Express Train Ride. Additionally, the use of public advertising - such as but not limited to eBay and Craig's List - to resell tickets is not permitted. Either action will result in the immediate cancellation of the tickets and membership.